About BetterHelp & The Promo Code
BetterHelp is an online platform that connects individuals with 25,000+ licensed therapists and counselors for online therapy and counseling services.
You can communicate with your therapist in a number of ways, depending on your preferences:
- Chat messaging sessions (available at all times)
- Phone call sessions (by appointment)
- Video chat sessions (by appointment)
There are various coupon code websites offering BetterHelp discounts – in some cases, discounts as high as 50% – we’ve tested all of these and unfortunately their codes do not work.
EMDR Healing readers can save 15% on BetterHelp with our exclusive promo code. The discount is applied automatically when you use our link.
Who Should Sign Up With BetterHelp?
BetterHelp is for anyone who wants to benefit from therapy but wants the convenience of a therapist “on demand”. BetterHelp therapists provide psychotherapy services via chat, phone or video at times to suit your schedule.
Here are some groups of individuals who stand to benefit the most from an online therapy service like BetterHelp:
- Those Seeking Flexibility: therapy sessions can be scheduled at the client’s convenience and conducted from anywhere with an internet connection.
- People with Limited Local Resources: If someone lives in a remote area or a place with limited mental health resources, online therapy can provide access to qualified professionals they might not otherwise have.
- People with Mobility or Transportation Issues: Those who have difficulty leaving their home due to physical disabilities, lack of transportation, or other barriers might find online therapy a more accessible option.
- Those Seeking Anonymity: While all therapy should be confidential, some people might feel more comfortable seeking therapy from the privacy of their own home, without the potential of being recognized in a waiting room.
- Busy Individuals: For people with demanding schedules, finding the time to drive to and from a therapist’s office might be challenging. Online platforms can reduce this time commitment.
- People Uncomfortable with In-Person Sessions: Some individuals might find it easier to open up and communicate through a virtual medium as opposed to face-to-face interactions.
- Those in Need of Specialist Counselors: Online platforms may provide access to therapists with specific expertise or specialization that might not be available locally.
BetterHelp also operates some specialty sites including ReGain, Teen Counseling, and Pride Counseling. ReGain is their relationship and couples’ therapy service, Teen Counseling is their service for teenagers and Pride Counseling is their service focused on helping the LGBTQ+ communities.
Please note that BetterHelp is not designed for emergency mental health situations. If you or someone you know needs immediate care for their safety, contact your local authorities. Therapists also cannot prescribe medication through the platform.
All BetterHelp therapists have a verified Masters Degree or Doctorate Degree in their field of study. They also all have at least 3 years and 1000 hours of experience.
Users can change therapists quickly and easily.
How To Use The BetterHelp Promo Code: EMDRHEALING
BetterHelp currently offers an exclusive 15% off coupon code for our visitors: EMDRHEALING.
With the promo code, you can try BetterHelp for $68/week instead of the typical $80/week.
Follow these simple steps to use the discount code today (new users only):
Step One: Click On Our Exclusive Link
To claim your 15% off, click on our exclusive link: http://www.betterhelp.com/emdrhealing.
The link will take you to the following page, automatically applying the 15% off promo code:
Step Two: Complete the Questionnaire
BetterHelp has new users complete a brief questionnaire to learn more about you and your mental health goals.
When you visit BetterHelp.com, simply click the orange “Get Started” button in the upper-righthand corner to begin the questionnaire.
The first questions cover basic information about you, such as your age, marital status, and career status.
The questions also ask about your mental health, such as your symptoms, goals, past treatments, and preferences regarding your therapist.
Step Three: Verify Email Address
After you complete the questionnaire, you will be asked to enter your email address.
BetterHelp will send you an email with a verification code. Enter the verification code in the designated box.
Step Four: Promo Code Is Automatically Applied
After you verify your email, you are ready to finalize your subscription with a payment.
In order to make mental health available for a reasonable rate, you will notice the promo code automatically applied when you go to finalize your payment.
The promo code will not apply if you don’t use this link to get started.
Step Five: Make Initial Payment and Start Using BetterHelp
Before you get started, you will need to make a payment in advance.
BetterHelp accepts all major debit cards and credit cards. You can also use GooglePay.
How Much Does BetterHelp Cost?
Without the promo code, BetterHelp charges users $80 a week to start. You will be charged for 4 weeks at a time, bringing the total to $320 when you sign up.
With the promo code of 15% off, the price becomes $68 a week ($272 for 4 weeks).
When you consider that the typical office session with a therapist costs $120 – $150 a session, you’re getting a real bargain!
Does BetterHelp Have A Free Trial?
While BetterHelp used to offer a free trial for its mental health services, they do not currently offer a free trial.
However, signing up for BetterHelp is a way to commit to your mental health. Once you sign up, you are making a decision to make yourself and your feelings a priority.
If you determine BetterHelp isn’t the right choice for you, you can cancel at any time.
Which Insurance Does BetterHelp Take?
BetterHelp does not take traditional insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid.
BetterHelp also doesn’t charge a copay for each appointment. The monthly fee covers all of your appointments with no surprise charges. You also won’t get the run around from BetterHelp like you might with your insurance provider.
If applicable, you can use your Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to pay for your BetterHelp subscription.